More than 8 million people around the world, including one hardly anonymous personality, Mark Zuckerberg, devoutly follow the lives of Yehuda and Maya Devir on social media. A typical Israeli couple, with a year and a half-old baby, Yehuda and Maya face challenges similar to those confronted by most couples. In a series of comic illustrations, posted once a week on their digital media pages, they share everyday situations in a candid, entertaining way, easy to identify with.
Thanks to their courage in sharing far less than their most photogenic moments, Yehuda and Maya have created a social media platform for sharing, for experience validating, and for mutual support among millions of people. Their artistic touch lends a cultural arts tag to the materials they share.
In 2019, Yehuda and Maya won “The Most Creative Content Makers" award in the prestigious, international competition, "INFLOW GLOBAL Awards," in Istanbul. The award is an acknowledgement that these two talented artists are content masters, skilled at telling a story in just one frame. Their one frame storytelling captures your attention, tells a story, and conveys a clear message.
With the same sincerity and personal touch evident from a weekly glimpse at their married life, Yehuda and Maya open the door, in their lecture, to their daily routine as comic artists. The couple shares the dilemmas involved in creating their weekly illustration, as they turn their favorite pastime into a profitable business and international success, while exposing their personal lives to the world.
In their lecture, Yehuda and Maya combine professional and personal secrets and tips accumulated over the years:
· The art of one frame storytelling, or the secret to creating high quality, moving content that stands out.
• How to turn your leisure-time fun into a leading brand on social media.
• Creating and retaining followers, and the art of sharing on social media.
• Teamwork by making your partner's weaknesses part of the method.
• Time management when making that limited resource resonate, and generating an infinitely, timeless product.
• Making breaking points turning points – recognize the former as an incentive for personal and business growth.
The art of one frame - Workshop for creative or business
A practical and experiential workshop for creators, art students, graphic designers, illustrators, and creative teams is one option, while another option speaks to digital professionals and the business sector.
In their workshops, Yehuda and Maya share professional secrets and insights for creating original, moving content that stands out. As you glimpse at their work process, together with other workshop participants, one step at a time, you experience creating a PERFECT one frame.
1. This workshop, charged with mind-blowing inspiration, covers the practical tips and tools you need for:
• Creating and maintaining a community on social media.
• Staying relevant over time.
• Leveraging the art of sharing on social media.
• Delivering friendly and effective marketing content to your followers.
• Turning your leisure-time fun into a profession, and building a successful brand on social media.
2. This workshop, tailored to the business sector, digital experts, and anyone seeking to build a successful brand, includes:
• The art of one frame storytelling, or your key to creating high quality, original content that stands out, that gets viewers to focus on the message you want to convey.
• Building a successful brand on social media, or, the bottom line – how to make money.
• Creating, nurturing and maintaining an online community, and how to stay relevant over time - how to continuously attract and retain organic followers.
• Leveraging the art of sharing on social media, or how to generate effective engagement. Learn what motivates followers to "like" and leave a comment.
• Delivering friendly and effective marketing content to followers, or how to integrate advertising that will get high exposure without annoying or losing followers.
• Maximizing use of diverse, digital platforms, and generating traffic between them, or how to keep my followers on my channels.
• Time management and teamwork - maximizing results using minimum resources. (You only need a few employees to run an empire).
Lecture duration: 60 min
Workshop duration: 90 - 120 min
Available in Zoom or in person
Yehuda and Maya Devir , Israeli married comic artists, TEDx speakers and "the Most Creative Content Makers" winners of INFLOW GLOBAL Awards 2019, began illustrating their life in comics in 2016, when they moved into their first apartment together in Tel Aviv as newlyweds. In the years since, One of Those Days has become one of the biggest viral webcomics on the Internet, with millions of followers around the world. Yehuda Devir grew up on superhero comic books, and the Devirs’ visual style is downright kinetic and bursting with life. In their talks, the couple reveals their secrets and information for business development, how to build engaged digital community and communication in social medias, content for young artists - how to make a living from your art and more...